The direct current 28 volt generator was specially design to work with a wide range of small aircraft and helicopters that need 28 V-DC to start their engines. The design, versatile, modern and powerful, makes the unit unique against competitors because it has been created by a service provider company incorporating the improvements for an easy operation and a good maintenance of the equipment.
Concept & Design. The idea, design and its conception.
The conception of the e28 was planned from all the experiences had with other ground support equipment for over 30 years; today, the evolution in technology and electronics offers equipment that are more compact, sealed and non-reparable, because of this, the design and engineering team at AP Manufacturing decided to focus in a more simplified mechanical and electronic process of voltage generation, offering this new design that offers a reliable voltage output with simple systems with automatic voltage built-up, it’s exterior was designed for easy access to the unit with removable panels created in galvanize metal sheets; the control panel provides easy operation by four simple buttons and a graphic interface that can be understood by anyone.
Performance & Systems. New Fittings.
Perkins 1104C-44G2, diesel engine, inline 4 cylinder, operating at 1800 RPM, naturally aspirated
Battery system: 12 Volt DC
• Intake air restriction indication
• Selectable on-off engine pre-heater for cold weather start
• Low oil pressure shutdown
• High coolant temperature shutdown
Standard low noise operation < 80 dB.
• All the air is canalized through the radiator and exists the unit ti the top reducing engine noise
• Body enclosure covered with acoustic material that is water repellant, assuring no corrosion built-up
• Cross-flow cylinder head for reduced noise
• 28.5 VDC output
• 800 amperes continuous rating at 28.5 VDC
• 2,000 amperes peak for aircraft engine starting
• Adjustable current limiting • Voltage regulator with line drop compensation for proper voltage output
• Contactor Close switch with “CLOSED” light
Structure and operation. Be prepare for the operations, make the difference.
The design of the operational panel is divided in to sides, engine to the left and generator to the right; in the middle you will find the hour meter, fuel gauge and panel/clearance lights switch.
Engine Controls and Gauges:
• Engine START switch with “ENGINE ON” light
• Engine STOP switch
• Digital Oil Pressure
• Low oil pressure engine shutdown fault light
• Digital Coolant Temperature (with high temp warning)• High coolant temperature engine shutdown fault light
• Digital battery voltmeter• Alternator fault light
• Digital Tachometer / RPM
Generator Controls and Gauges:
• Contactor CLOSE with green light
• Contactor OPEN
• Digital amp meter
• Digital volt meter
• Over voltage fault light