Shipping and Receiving Assistant (Hialeah Gardens)
Looking for a shipping and receiving assistant with computer skills and good driving record.
Major Area of Responsibility:
• Count items to ensure that the correct number have been received.
• Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse.
• Assist in physically moving incoming items. Be able to Lift, push, and pull least 60Lbs.
• Look through work/Sales orders to determine order picking activities into inventory system.
• Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet.
• Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner.
• Record damaged or defective items and replace them according to company policies. Ensure that picked items are in good working condition examining them.
• Report any damaged items to supervisor and make sure that they are replaced.
• Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment.
• Compare the amount and identification numbers of goods against orders
• Post weigh, measure and shipment charges into inventory system.
• Forward requisition requests in a timely manner
• Valid Driver’s License
• Complete Delivery receipt and Packing list in order to send them to Accounts Payable.
Job Skills Requirements:
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. (Prefer Both Languages-English and Spanish)
• Basic computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and Inventory Management Systems.
• Experience in computerized inventory control, ordering and parts tracking system operations
• Knowledge of recording keeping requirements, inventory control, parts ordering and warehousing operations
• Required G.E.D, High School Diploma or equivalent
• Inventory control principles and practices
• Forklift experience
• Bilingual, English and Spanish
• Demonstrates co-operation within the team and with other departments
• Has a positive influence on others in the team and clearly enjoys working with people
• Has a natural, warm smile and a friendly and passionate approach
• Demonstrates confident, helpful and genuine behavior with internal and external guests
• Delivers customer shipment on time.
• Has energy and sense of urgency for his/her work
• Resourceful, makes things happen and looks for ways to work more efficiently
• Always acts appropriately in accordance with Company Policies.
• Able to stay calm under pressure
• Never lets personal feelings interfere with delivering the highest standards
• Excellent records of attendance and punctuality (Responsible)
• Is reliable and demonstrates the ability to work without supervision
• Demonstrates a high level of personal integrity, honesty and trust
• Use time effectively and efficiently; values time, concentrates and focus on the more important priorities (Time Management). Makes decisions in a timely manner.
• Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you are disagreeing.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF CALLS, PLEASE SEND US YOUR RESUME to email@example.com or use the form below, you may also FAX it to 305-888-0181 to better assist us in making appointments.
POR LA CANTIDAD DE LLAMADAS, POR FAVOR MANDE SU HOJA DE VIDA a firstname.lastname@example.org o use la forma en la parte de abajo, puede enviarla por fax al 305-888-0181 para organizar las citas.
IF YOU CALL, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO SEND IN YOUR RESUME THROUGH EMAIL OR FAX.
SI LLAMA, SE LE DIRA QUE ENVIE LA HOJA DE VIDA POR EMAIL O FAX.
Compensation: $9 an hour with employee benefits
Employment type: full-time